.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"I am a gardener." Chance, the gardener.

November 14, 2005

the long and the short-sightedness of it...

As it turns out, no one even called us. So, we called and met with the Vice Principal...( why does it matter who we speak with, really.) As is sadly the case more often than not, he knew exactly what our concerns were based on and underscored the total control of the county, their policy, their curriculum, their tests, their utter and complete control over the teachers and administration. IE: "We understand and agree but there is not a thing we can do."

Tonight the scheduling person called to provide an offer from the principal. They would change our daughter's schedule. Amazing, isn't it. I have to be thankful that they did try to offer something but good grief, in our county and with the state and county demands, the teachers are simply interchangable; nothing at all would change but the worker-bee who reads the script...

The teachers are not at fault here, I clearly feel their pain and dissatisfaction. Collecting my daughter's homework, one of them whispered her own pressing goal: " I am looking for any way out of teaching..." And, I am guessing the feeling is a reality for any teacher experiencing this horror...

So, where, how does it go from here? When is it safe for the teachers and administrators who obviously share our urgent concerns to speak out?

I am tapping my fingers--we HAVE to do SOMETHING....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home